Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
The COVID-19 pandemic has placed a great demand on the health system and on the health and well-being of the public. The guidelines of the Chief Medical Officer and Federal and State governments Departments of Health are clear in their self-distancing requirements. To abide by these regulations and protect our patients and staff several steps have been taken:
- Patients are advised to travel in personal transport to appointments.
- Our appointments are made to distance patients. No one is seated in the waiting room together with other patients.
- If the unavoidable concurrent arrival of patients occurs seats are kept 1.5 metres apart.
- All surfaces are wiped down with antiseptic wipes between patients.
- Optional Telehealth appointments are available to protect you.
- Telehealth consults will require you to email/ fax/ image your referral and xray/CT/MRI/Ultrasound/ Pathology results links for Dr Stephens to view (48 hours prior to your appointment).
- Chatswood and Hornsby clinics remain available for your attendance.
- You will need to abide by the regulations set out by the Health department if unwell or have been in contact with COVID-19 or have tested positive. This would mean self-isolation for 14 days and seeking medical attention if unwell.
Please register all reference details and imaging (xray/CT/MRI/Ultrasound links ‘ to our online registration system.
For Telehealth we use this service – doxy.me/drastephens
Dr Andrew Stephens
MBBS(Hons) FRACS(Ortho) FAOrthA BAppSc.
Dr Andrew Stephens
MBBS ( Hons) FRACS (Ortho) FAOrthA
Foot and Ankle Surgery
It is our goal to ensure that patients are empowered as autonomous individuals. As a patient, you can expect a comprehensive and thorough assessment of your orthopaedic condition. We provide the opportunity for all enquires to be addressed in an informative, unrushed and emphatic manner. This is to ensure that as our patient you are able to make an informed decision when consenting to treatment.
Dr Andrew Stephens is a fellowship trained Foot and Ankle Surgeon with extensive experience in managing acute sporting injuries, trauma of the lower limb and chronic conditions of the foot and ankle.
Dr Stephens assessed and treated musculoskeletal conditions as a Level 2 Sports Trained Physiotherapist. His interest and passion to further understand and treat these conditions encouraged him to pursue a career in Medicine. In 2005 he graduated from the University of Sydney with Honours in Medicine. He then further specialised in Orthopaedic Surgery.
He completed his specialist training through the prestigious Australian Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Sydney Northside Training Program. He further gained specialist experience by completing the highly sought after Sydney Foot and Ankle Fellowship in addition to fellowships in sport, trauma and arthroplasty in Victoria between. These fellowships were a catalyst for Dr Stephens to further gain experience in sporting injuries and managing the arthritic foot and ankle by being provided the opportunity to operate with the esteemed Professor Beat Hintermann in Switzerland.
As an active fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Australian Orthopaedic Association, Societe Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopedique et de Traumatologie he has contributed to the growing field of biomechanics for Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics. He was awarded the Research Prize in 2014 from the Mater for his paper on the kinematic relationship between sitting and standing posture and pelvic inclination and its significance to cup positioning in total hip arthroplasty. Dr Stephens continues engage current research through peer reviews and reviewing original research articles.
Dr Stephens shares his charisma and enthusiasm for medical education by teaching at the Sydney Medical School. He has presented at GP seminars at the Westmead Private Hospital as part of GP continued professional development.
- Bunion Correction
- Hammer Toe Correction
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Midfoot arthritis/ Charcot arthropathy
- Ankle and subtalar osteoarthritis
- Lisfranc and Midfoot fractures/ dislocations
- Pes Planovalgus (Flat Feet)/ Tarsal coalition
- Pes Cavus (High arches) and Plantar fasciitis
- High ankle sprains/ankle instability
- Talar dome lesions/ Peroneal subluxation
- Achilles tendinitis, Haglunds (Pump bump)
- Sporting knee injuries meniscal/ ligamentous
- Osteochondral injuries
Level 2 The Gallery
445 Victoria Ave Chatswood NSW 2067
85 Burdett St
Hornsby NSW 2077